- Merriam-Webster Unabridged
- Annals of American History
- Britannica Library
- Spanish Reference Center
America’s largest, most comprehensive dictionary is reinvented for today’s librarian, teacher, and student. With up-to-date information, definitions, usage notes, a modern layout, and other exciting features, Merriam-Webster Unabridged is the most authoritative source of information on the English language.
Online access to original source documents in U.S. history. This online chronicle provides a year-by-year documentary of American thought and action. Read the original words of more than 1,500 authors who made and analyzed American hisotry through speeches, writings, memoirs, poems and interviews.
- 2,100 entries from 1493 to the present.
- Speeches, essays, biographies, landmark court decisions, editorials, and more that bring history to life.
- Noted contributors that include Madeleine Albright, Henry Ford, John Hancock, Malcolm X, and Edgar Allan Poe.
- Photos and multimedia that engage students. Listen to the first inaugural address of Franklin D. Roosevelt or John F. Kennedy discussing Soviet missles in Cuba.
Three Levels of Content Meet Every Patron’s Research Needs.
Subscribe to the one resource that offers three unique sites for children, young adults, and older patrons. With Britannica Library, it’s easy to choose an age-appropriate level for conducting research, completing homework assignments, and working on special projects in the library or at home.
Back to Top
Two Complete Research Resources in One—All in Spanish!
Spanish Reference Center is the only dual Spanish-language database that offers age-appropriate research content for everyone, from elementary students to those who are ready for more advanced work. Students can progress seamlessly from one database to the next, making it easy to find information that matches their reading level. It’s the perfect resource for native Spanish speakers, bilingual students, and students learning Spanish.
Back to Top
The World’s Best Image Libraries in One Safe, Affordable Site! Access the most in-depth compilation of curriculum-relevant images right at your fingertips. Over three million searchable images are available from 59 leading collections —all are rights-cleared for educational, non-commercial use.