Oxford Reference Online. A vast online reference library with
- Over 130 subject dictionaries, plus the World Encyclopedia, offer unrivalled coverage of everything from art to accountancy, politics to physics, and computing to classics
- The very best in quick-reference information plus authoritative in-depth articles
- English dictionaries, and bilingual dictionaries of French, German, Spanish, and Italian
- Over 900,000 entries across 25 subjects, including an expanding range of Oxford Companions, and the Oxford Dictionary of Quotations
- More than 6,000 illustrations, plus 500 full-colour maps
- Key events in the 20th century linked to themed timelines
- Updated regularly with new books and new editions
Oxford English Dictionary is the accepted authority on the evolution of the English language over the last millennium. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.
Grove Dictionary of Art provides web access to the entire text of The Dictionary of Art, ed. Jane Turner (1996, 34 vols.) and The Oxford Companion to Western Art, ed. Hugh Brigstocke (2001). We offer ongoing additions of new and updated articles, over 3,000 thumbnail art images and line drawings displayed in the text of articles, extensive image links, and sophisticated search and navigation tools.
Grove Dictionary of Music. In addition to the regular programme of revisions and new articles, Grove Music Online has grown to include The New Grove Dictionary of Opera (published in print in 1992 and online in 1999) andThe New Grove Dictionary of Jazz, second edition (2001). Through a partnership with Sibelius notation software, over 500 of Grove's musical examples are now available in sound as well as notated examples